We are the Occasional Teachers’ Bargaining Unit for District 19 of OSSTF. We provide protection and support to the over 1000 secondary occasional teachers in Peel region. Our bargaining unit is made up of Secondary Long-Term Occasional and Daily Occasional teachers employed by the Peel District School Board.
Our bargaining unit is apart of a parent federation the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation.
As a strong, effective federation OSSTF is able to:
- Promote and advance the cause of public education
- Assure protection of the rights for all of its members
- Bargain contracts that protect and improve working conditions
- Offer professional growth and development
- Have an effective political voice
Founded in 1919, OSSTF/FEESO represents almost 60, 000 educational workers throughout Ontario.
The union works to protect its diverse membership which is represented by 140 bargaining units across the province.